Locoal Mendon - Circuit Ty Er Chir - Kernoursfavorite_borderAdd to favourites
Distance: 6.3 km
Difficulty level: Easy
This intercommunal circuit connects Locoal-Mendon to Belz. It allows the discovery of the chapels of Sainte-Marguerite and Kernours.Departure: From the hamlet of Ty Er Chir, take the road to Cleff then left the path in the forest.
1 On the way, there is a possible return trip to the Mané Bihan dolmen, a Neolithic crowned tomb whose circular tumulus is surrounded by a peristalite enclosure made of erect stones. The monument was excavated during the second half of the 19th century and restored by Zacharie Le Rouzic in 1924. Not far away are the Dolmens of Mané Braz (or "Mané er Loh"), classified as Historic Monuments. The first is composed of a corridor room. A pillar supporting the cover slab in the burial chamber bears engravings. A gallery without a room is located next to it, to the north.The graves were also excavated and restored in 1924. They were included in a tumulus (architecture of earth and stones) whose base is still visible today.
2 Continue the path to the D16. Cross it (caution) to join Kergleven.
3 After the houses, take the path on the right. After 200 m turn left along the Sainte-Marguerite fountain. Continue to Sainte-Marguerite Chapel, built in the 17th century, probably in 1646 as indicated by the date on the west gate.
4 Cross the hamlet and continue on the road. At the entrance to Kerien, take the path on the left.
5 Cross the bridge over the stream of the Fountain of Kerlivio (municipal limit Locoal Mendon / Belz).
6 Continue the path to Kernours. See the fountain and the chapel. The Notre-Dame de la Clarté chapel, whose construction dates from the end of the 17th century, has a rectangular oriented nave, an arched pinnacle on the tip of the western gable and semicircular openings.The building is restored in the nineteenth century (north corniche), then in the late twentieth century. The apparent interstices of the frame are adorned with sculptures made by Dréan in Auray. Between 1979 and 1983, the members of a local association, assisted by the town hall, undertook heavy work. Forgiveness takes place on the first Sunday of July. The fountain (eighteenth century) is located in a paved basin which is accessed by four steps. A niche houses a recent statue of Our Lady of Clarity, patron saint of the neighboring chapel whose devotion had the virtue of healing the eyes. In front, two short columns support the entablature covered with a domed quadruped dome with a cross at the top.
7 Take a left on the trail to find the creek. Continue to Kerihuel. Cross the hamlet to join the D16. Cross it (caution) to find Ty Er chir.
Source: Association of Trails Locoal-Mendon.
56550 LOCOAL MENDON
56550 LOCOAL MENDON