Skip to main content
Saint-Philibert - Men Er Belleg
saint-philibert-morbihan-bretagne-sud
saint-philibert-morbihan-bretagne-sud

Saint-Philibert - Men Er Belleg

favorite_borderAdd to favourites
Place des trois otages
56470 ST PHILIBERT
Duration : 2.5 hours
Distance : 9 km
Difficulty level: Easy


Beautiful panoramas, typical hamlets, this circuit runs along the Saint-Philibert river up to the Men Er Beleg point, the beaches, and allows the discovery of the peaceful streets of the resort.

Departure:
From the square, turn left on rue des Ormes then immediately left on rue Joseph Martin. At the stop, turn right rue des Presses. 150 m after the junction, take the path on the right then left towards the woods and the Dolmen Mané Canaplaye, building dating from the Neolithic (between 7000 and 4500 years before the present). Only the funerary chamber and some pillars of its corridor are visible today. Excavated by James Miln in 1880, the latter discovered a polished ax, a pottery and a flint preserved in the Museum of Prehistory of Carnac. After the dolmen, continue to the right then left to Kerroch. Continue right, rue de Canapleye.

1 At the roundabout, take rue des Paludiers opposite and immediately right on the trail leaving the river on the left.

2 At the end of the path, take the impasse des Écoles and then turn right on rue du Vieux Pont. Take immediately on the left the path leading to the Chapelle de Saint-Philibert. It is actually the Notre-Dame de la Nativité parish church, built in 1648. Inside, there is an altarpiece of the seventeenth century and a painting of the Saint landing in the Cove Ster after sailed from Ireland in a stone trough. The small fountain near the church was built in 1649. The large fountain, more solemn, is of the eighteenth century. Take the street of the chapel on the left, then again on the left rue des Courlis.

3 At the end, take the stairs leading to the coastal path, continue to the Men Er Beleg Point.

4 At the tip, follow the path of the seaweeds, go around the tip of the tip and retrace your steps. Continue to Men Er Beleg Beach.Follow it and take the path back to the tip of Kernevest. Cross the beach to the old Fort (current Sailing School). Built under Napoleon III, the fort's mission was to control the entrance to the Crac'h River and protect the port of La Trinité-sur-Mer. During the Second World War, this strategic building integrated the fortification device of the Atlantic Wall. Possibility to go around the pond Kercadoret.

5 After the fort, continue the trail for 250 m. Cross the departmental road, take the rue du Phare opposite.

6 At the crossroads, continue left Rue des Goélands then, 100 m, the small path on the right leading to Chemin du Lory. Before the route des Plages (D28), fork in the path on the left. Go around the Kerarno campsite and continue the path.

7 Join a subdivision, continue to the left, continue along the street on the left and take the path on the right. Find Goélands Street, turn right. At the crossroads, take rue des Presses on the right and join the departure by the outbound route.


Place des trois otages
56470 ST PHILIBERT

Spoken languages

french

Recommended for you

The most popular accommodation, activities, events, visits and walks