Skip to main content
Saint-Philibert - Dolmens et menhirs
WEBPlanche_183007_Guide_rando_A5 1

Saint-Philibert - Dolmens and menhirs

Place des trois otages
56470 Saint-Philibert

Features of the route

Difficulty Easy
Length 02:45:00
Distance 10km
Place des trois otages
56470 Saint-Philibert
Level of difficulty: Easy
Yellow markings (blue dots) - All year round

This trail takes you along the paths of Saint-Philibert to discover the commune's rich megalithic heritage.

Departure point: From the town hall, turn left into rue des Ormes, then right into rue Gouzer. Continue straight ahead through the housing estate.

1) At the track, turn right towards Kerroch. Pass the Mané Canaplaye dolmen. In Kerroch, turn left, continue and cross the main road (beware, heavy traffic, difficult to cross).

2) Follow the path to Kerambel. Turn left to see the Dolmen du Petit Kerambel (Mané Han). At the road, turn right, go straight ahead and take the path opposite.

3) At the crossroads, turn right, then left, towards Chapelle du Plas-Kaër (long-distance footpath). Opened in 1874, this chapel was built on the site of an earlier 15th-century chapel. Situated in the middle of a wood, it enjoys a superb setting. In front of the chapel, take the wooded path slightly to the left. Continue along the path to Crac'h.

4) Turn right into rue des écoles. At the end of the street, take the path leading to the main road. Cross the road at the crosswalk, then take the path opposite.

5) At Kergleverit, go straight on for 150 m, then turn left onto the track. Follow the track to the hamlet of Pont Er Lenn.

6) After the houses, turn left towards St-Philibert. Drive around the wastewater treatment plant, then take the road to the artisanal zone. After 150 m, turn right onto a track leading to the hamlet of Kerran.

7) At the end of the track, turn left, then right to reach the Chat Noir traffic circle. Pass by the Kerran Dolmens (Roh Vras, "Grande Roche" in Breton). These two tombs were restored in 1927 by Zacharie Le Rouzic. A third dolmen, featuring an engraving on a pillar, was removed and transported to the Meudon cemetery in 1896. Cross the traffic circle (direction St- Philibert). After 100 m, turn left towards Kerangoff. Pass the Menhir Men Milen.

8) At the end of the street, take the path on the right to the road. Turn left for 100 m, then right opposite the Dolmen de Kermané. Follow the track to rue du Ster.

9) Take the track opposite. Before the traffic circle, cross the road and take the path running alongside the river. At the end, take the impasse des écoles, then right onto rue du Vieux Pont for 20 m, before taking the track opposite which leads to the chapel of St-Philibert.

10) Go around the chapel, up the street. Turn right, then right again into rue Georges Camenen. Turn left into rue des Presses. After the crossroads with rue Abbé Martin, take the path that joins rue Gouzer. Turn right, then straight ahead at the crossroads to join rue des Ormes and Place de la Mairie.

Recommended for you

The most popular accommodation, activities, events, visits and walks