Skip to main content

Chapels and churches

See the results on the map (26 results)
Location
Type
Reset all filters
26 results
print
la chartreuse
La Chartreuse was built following the Battle of Auray, which pitted Jean de Montfort against his cousin and rival Charles de Blois for the Duchy of…
Chêne Bé-er-Sant
In the heart of the Floranges forest, shoes are placed at the foot of an oak tree. Accessible daily via the D779 between Camors and Bieuzy-Lanvaux.
Chapelle Sainte Barbe-Plouharnel-Morbihan-Bretagne-Sud
This rectangular chapel features buttresses with recesses and pinnacles, crosses and rampant cabbages. It has a square bell tower above the west door,…
Chapellestsauveur-ERDEVEN-MorbihanBretagneSud
It retains its typical Breton Renaissance appearance. The western facade features a molded round-arched doorway, and the original bell tower dominated by…
Chapelle-Pluneret-Morbihan-Bretagne-Sud
This monument impresses by its size and physiognomy. The chapel houses a rare piece: a polychrome, Renaissance-style rood screen, entirely carved. Made of…
Champ-des-Martyrs
The site is a memorial to the Royalists who were shot following the landing at Quiberon in 1795. The 19th-century expiatory chapel is listed and…
Chapellestebrigitte-ERDEVEN-MorbihanBretagneSud
The wooden altar table is supported by two granite pillars, and a cross houses a bas-relief of Saint Face. Former statues of Saint Brigitte and Saint…
Chapellestgermain-ERDEVEN-MorbihanBretagneSud
It has been restored several times. The date 1635 can be read on the chevet wall, against which stands an altarpiece made of rectangular compartments,…
Chapelle Saint-Quirin
Dating from the 17th century, the chapel contains what is considered to be the finest classical altarpiece in Morbihan. Constructed in tufa and Maine…
Chapelle-Notre Dame des Fleurs 3-Plouharnel-Morbihan-Bretagne-Sud
Facing the bay of Plouharnel, this 16th-century chapel is listed as a Monument Historique.enlarged in the 18th century, it was damaged during the…
eglise St Sané
The most striking feature is the altarpiece in the south chapel, which depicts the scene of the beheading of St. John the Baptist in starkly realistic…
Chapelle-Plumergat-Morbihan-Bretagne-Sud
Plumergat is one of Brittany's earliest parishes, created around the 6th century when Bretons from the Isle of Brittany (now Great Britain) immigrated to…
st+laurent+ploemel
Built in the 16th century in the flamboyant Gothic style, the interior contains statues, an ancient bell and a marine ex-voto. Open year-round, 10am-6pm.…
L'art dans les chapelles - Chapelle Gohazé St Thuriau
Every summer for the past 32 years, L'art dans les chapelles has invited contemporary artists to engage in dialogue with the religious heritage of the…
Chapelle-Plumergat-Morbihan-Bretagne-Sud
The chapel is believed to have been built in the 11th century by the monks of Saint-Gildas de Rhuys, who owned property and land in the village. The site…
Eglisestpierrestpaul-ERDEVEN-MorbihanBretagneSud
Dating back to 1755, the granite bell tower features a square tower topped by an octagonal section ending in a lantern. The aisles were added to the nave…
Eglise Saint-Gildas
17th-century, listed furnishings, including the main altarpiece and the 16th-century recumbent statue of Christ. Open daily from 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
See the map