Skip to main content
Erdeven - Sentier de la vieille route
BaieQuiberon2020@alamoureux_MG_7221 (1)_1008x672
WEBPlanche_183007_Guide_rando_A5 1

Erdeven - Old road path

56410 Erdeven

Features of the route

Difficulty Easy
Length 02:30:00
Distance 11.2km
56410 Erdeven
Level of difficulty: Easy
All year round - Mountain biking possible
Yellow markings

In a wooded and agricultural area, the old Etel-Vannes route is undoubtedly an ancient Roman road: straight, located on a ridge, water divide. Start: Place Saint-Märgen, around the town hall. Turn right into rue Nationale. At the crossroads, take rue du Souvenir. Go straight ahead on Route de Ploemel, then left on Rue de Keravéon.

Step by step :

1) In Keravéon, pass under the monumental porch, then turn left along the sports trail. You'll be able to see the moat and the château façade. Pierre de Talhouët is credited with the creation of Keravéon in Erdeven around 1330-1350. The Talhouët de Keravéon family ruled the estate as a seigneury until 1761. Their coat of arms was a lozenge bannered argent and sable. This coat of arms appears in several places in the parish church and on the château's courtyard enclosure. The outbuildings were converted into gîtes by the commune of Erdeven, which acquired them in the late 1970s. Enter the woods on the right, past the gîtes and along the Île d'Amour. The municipal park has a botanical trail with over 50 species of tree. At the exit (small gate), turn left, then right along the sunken path.

2) At the road, turn left, then right at the intersection. Turn left into the forest lane. The Bois de Coët er Lann is owned by the Conseil départemental du Morbihan as a "Espaces Naturels Sensibles". Continue to Keroulard. At the road, turn right. Reach Saint Laurent and its chapel, built in the early 16th century in the flamboyant Gothic style. It was commissioned by the noble de Talhouët de Keravéon family, owners of the neighboring château in Erdeven. Dedicated to Saint Laurent, invoked to heal burns, the chapel features beautifully carved doors, sculptures on the exterior cornices, statues and an ex-voto inside (open daily). Go down the village street.

3) At the bottom of the village, turn right onto the old road. Go straight ahead, following the signs.

4) Before the Corn er Hoët crossroads, turn left towards Kercadio. The seat of a seigneury that appears in late medieval sources, the Manoir de Kercadio (private) owes its name to the Kercadiou family (1427). The building has been listed in its entirety on the Monuments Historiques supplementary inventory since 1998. Cross the D105 (take care), and go straight ahead. Follow the signs to reach the Alignements de Kerzerho, with 195 stones over 200 m in 5 rows. Classified as a Historic Monument since 1862, this is the western part of the Kerzerho-Varquez megalithic complex, stretching over 3 km. Along with Carnac, it is one of the world's largest megalithic alignments.

5) Return to the starting point by following the signposts through the town center.

Recommended for you

The most popular accommodation, activities, events, visits and walks